Data protection policy
DATE: 14.05.2020 v.1.0
Human Factory OÜ (Human Factory, Maritime-Directory, “we”, “our”, “us”) is a recruitment agency, that help seafarers to get employed or find a better job. We provide services in a Classical manner or/and under Do-It-Yourself concept.
Data Controller (GDPR)
Data Controller: Human Factory OÜ, Reg. Nr.: 14770925 Legal address: Tartu linn, Tartu linn, Rüütli tn 22-2, 51006
Data we Collect
In general we collect data that you provide us directly or indirectly.
You provide us with the following information to create your account:
- First Name and Last Name
- eMail address
You provide us with the following information when you fill in profile:
- Mobile phone number
- Your Qualification
- Your Age
- Your Gender
- Your Rank
- Your Salary
- Your Sign On and Sign Off dates
- Shipowner and/or Crewing data as: Name, eMails, Phone number, Contact Person, Feedback and Comments
- Vessel data as: IMO, Name, Type etc
Maritime-Directory follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Maritime-Directory uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
For more general information on cookies, please read "What Are Cookies".
Google Doubleclick Dart Cookie
If you do not want Linkedin to associate visiting our pages with your Linkedin account, please log out of your Linkedin account or avoid pushing like or/and share buttons.
If you do not want Facebook to associate visiting our pages with your Facebook account, please log out of your Facebook account or avoid pushing like or/and share buttons.
Our Advertising Partners
Note that Maritime-Directory has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
We retain your personal data for as long as:
- You keep your account open, or as long as it is needed to provide you services. Even if you use the service seldom, we retain your information and keep your profile open, unless you send us termination request.
- We need it for invoicing services, or law or regulation require us to keep it.
- The termination request shall be send at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, the personal data might not be deleted in full if our obligations towards agreement, laws or regulation request to keep it.
As soon as we receive your request, we will do our best to proceed it in a timely manner.
Parties we Share Information With
In order to keep the service running we share your personal information with:
- Shipping, Crewing, Recruitment or Sourcing companies, including flag state authorities, port authorities, visa centers and their filling agents, training centers and flight agents.
- Payment processing companies for reporting, billing and other purposes that are required by our service agreement.
- Maritime-Directory and the companies related to it (e.g. branches, subsidiaries etc.) to fulfil our obligations and provide our Services.
- Companies we use to support our business (e.g. hosting, data storage and technology providers).
- Government, and state body authorities
How we Use Your Data
Once we have obtained your data, we use it to:
- To provide our services and perform our contract obligations
- To support, consult and guide you
- To personalize and develop our service
- To build up our directory files and share then with you others users
- To provide you updates, job offers and marketing materials
When we Collect Data
- When you use any part of the website
- When you submit your data purposely through registration and profiling or voluntarily by sending eMail or Feedback form or/and other means of communication
How we Store Your Data
We endeavour to protect your data by storing it on our premises and secure servers managed by trusted third party and by using technical and organisational security measures to safeguard your personal data and to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use include data encryption.
Although we believe we have taken adequate and appropriate measures, no system is perfect and we therefore cannot guarantee that unauthorised access or theft will not occur. By submitting your personal data, you acknowledge that there is a permanent risk of personal data violation associated with any data transmission.
Automated Processing and Profiling
In order to perform our service, we sort and filter records based on personal data, though no automatic decision on no aspect is being made. Typically automated profiling is done to group records based on working experience; such as seniority and trading region knowledge, phone number code, diploma type; including additional qualification certificates, and salary expectation.
Data Submission Rights
You decide which data you provide us with, however please mind that service might not be available in full without certain data. eMail us if that causes concern to seek for solution.
Children’s Personal Data
The service is not intended for children's and we don't not knowingly collect any personal data of children.
In case you have any questions, concerns, or comments on our policy please contact us at below address:
If you are not satisfied how the complaints is handled you may also give one to the competent authority at https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080